Great Basin in Nevada is the third release in 2013 of the U.S. Mint's popular America the Beautiful Silver coin series. This coin has been graded SP-70 by PCGS with First Strike attributed on the American Flag label.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the SP-70 condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts the beauty and unique qualities of a single Bristlecone Pine tree and shows the rocky glacial moraines where the trees grow. Inscriptions are "GREAT BASIN", "NEVADA", "2013" and "E PLURIBUS UNUM".
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Silver America The Beautiful coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
The Great Basin, primarily located in Nevada, covers an area of more than 180,000 square miles with elevations as high as 14,500 feet. The Great Basin is known for its unique geology and ecology, but the most commonly known feature is its hydrology. The area is completely self contained, which means that any precipitation within the region either drains into rivers and lakes, but does not find its way to the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico. The Great Basin spans through five states and includes hundreds of mountain ranges, making Nevada the most mountainous state in the union. It is made up of over 90 basins and valleys making it home to unique plant life such as the Bristlecone Pine. These ancient trees are some of the world’s oldest, some living for more than 4,000 years.