1 oz Silver Antique Hobo Nickel (Knight, Death and The Devil)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This replica Hobo Nickel kicks off the 2017 Silver Hobo Nickel collection. The design is Roman Booteen's adaptation of Albrecht Durer's 1513 "Knight, Death and The Devil".
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds will come in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Antique finish with a mintage of only 5,000 rounds.
- Obverse: Intricately detailed on a 1921 Morgan Silver dollar, it features a knight on his mount traveling through an otherworldly valley with beasts and ghastly figures.
- Reverse: Featured on a Morgan Silver dollar, creating a rare double obverse hobo nickel. Inspired by the mythology that surrounds trees, a twisted and ghoulishly tree represents all threat makes us wary on a dark night in the woods. From the tree's gaping mouth reaches a fist clasping a snake, while endlessly entwined serpents coil around the trunk and branches. Entangled in the roots lie a sword, skull and quiver of arrows, symbols often used to represent death.
- Edge-marked with a unique mint number matching the certificate of authenticity.
Protect and display your Silver round in style by adding an attractive presentation box recommended for this round.
Add this 1 oz Antique Silver Hobo Nickel Replica Round of Knight, Death and The Devil round to your cart today!
The hobo nickel is a coin that has had its original artwork altered into a new design by the homeless, often referred to as hobos, and then sold to make money. The U.S. nickel is a favorite coin to use due to the softness, size and thickness of the coin.
When the Buffalo nickel, or Indian Head, was introduced in 1913, it became popular among coin engravers. The large Native American head gave the artists a large template to work from that allowed finer detail work to be done. With this large template to work from, the hobo nickel became highly popular. Due to the softness of the metal in the nickel, hobo nickel tools could be made from any crude tool that could make a scratch, displace or punch into the coin.
The artwork of each hobo nickel is unique. Some hobo nickel artists would repeat specific designs due to their popularity, but most tried to create something new with each coin. Whether you are a veteran hobo nickel collector, or you are looking to start a hobo nickel collection, these Silver hobo nickel replicas at APMEX are perfect for you.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Allegheny Cty, Pa
Date:Jan 26, 2017
This is a unique round adapted from Albrecht Durer's 1513 artwork of "The Knight, Death and the Devil". With nicely struck engraved details and the antique finish, this is one of my favorite silver rounds.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.