Seventh in a 13-coin series that celebrates Canada's 150th anniversary through each province or territory's iconic flora, landscape or landmark.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features vibrant colors over the detailed engraved image of a grizzly bear.
Add this 2017 1/2 oz Silver $10 Canada's 150th Grizzly Bear coin to your cart today!
Captured by Canadian photographer “Jenny” Janet Stevens, this image of a grizzly bear was taken on the northwest coast of British Columbia, where the Khutzeymateen Park is home to one of the province’s largest known coastal population of grizzlies. Resting on the green sedge grass bank, this particular grizzly bear is easily spotted thanks to its reddish-brown fur; its eyes are shut as it rests its heavy head on its left forepaw, while its right paw is loosely extended towards its muzzle. The long claws that make the grizzly’s prints so distinctive are in full view in this close-up, which affords a rare view of an iconic species that is emblematic of British Columbia’s wilderness and natural beauty.