As a first for the Royal Canadian Mint, this Gold-plated Silver piedfort coin reflects on a nation’s 150-year journey and beyond through the fusion of two iconic symbols that continue to inspire admiration by proudly representing all that is Canada.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 7,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a beaver tail and back half full of texture and front portion transitioning into a stylized silhouette that offers a modern take on this Canadian icon. Behind it is the iconic maple leaf.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Piedforts are thicker than normal and often contain double the amount of fine Silver. Add this 1 oz Silver Piedfort Timeless Icons coin to your cart today!
The beaver and the maple leaf are the defining images of a nation: one speaks of the past, when the fur trade helped shape a nation; the other predates the flag as an emblem of this land, its people, and our hope for the future. The reverse design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc carries great meaning on this 150th anniversary of Confederation, by paying tribute to Canada’s evolving history through the two foremost national icons. A transition marks the center of the coin, with classic depictions on the left to represent the nation’s past (1867), and more contemporary versions on the right to represent both the present (2017) and beyond.