2017 Silver €10 The Sower Series Proof (The Louis d'or)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
We provide a 4.0% cash discount to our customers if they pay for their orders by check, bank wire or trade. The prices shown for each product under Check/Wire include the 4.0% cash discount. The prices shown for each product under CC/PayPal are the full list price
- Product Details
Product DetailsDating from 1640 to 1792, the Louis d'or brought stability to the French currency. This intricately designed coin honors three Louis Kings that contributed to the coin's success.
- Contains .6423 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts Roty's Sower, an emblematic figure of French numismatic history.
- Reverse: Features three major French kings named Louis that reigned while the Louis d'or circulated. The upper portion of the coin depicts a Louis d'or that circulated during Louis XIII's reign, the lower right presents the bust of Louis XIV, and the lower left illustrates a scene of Louis XV leading French troops to the Fontenoy battle.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2017 Silver €10 The Sower Series Proof Louis d'or coin to your cart today!
The Louis d'or was created in 1640 under the reign of Louis XIII that lasted from 1610 to 1643. Louis XIII and his minister Claude de Bullion were willing to stabilize the currency and bring prestige to France in order to compete with Spanish and English coins. The mechanism of the Precious Metals strike allowed to mint the Louis d'or with a pendulum.
The Louis d'or was struck from 1640 to 1792. Under Louis XIII, the Louis d'or weighted 21.7 oz and had a 25 mm diameter. On the obverse of the Louis d'or struck under Louis XIII the face of the King is turned slightly to the right with the Latin inscription "LVD XIII DG - FR ET NAV REX". The inscription means "Louis XIII, King of France and of Navarre thanks to the grace of God". The reverse presents a monogram of a cross created by four double "L" and surmounted by a crown and separated by a fleur-de-lys. The inscription "CHRS REGN VINC IMP" is written, which means "the Christ reigns, conquers and commands".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.