2017 1/4 oz Gold €50 Europa Star (Age of Iron & Glass)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Iconic symbols celebrate the Age of Iron and Glass in France.
- Contains .25 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Europa Star with the Europa goddess dressed with floating flags in the center.
- Reverse: Depicts the age of Iron and Glass in France through three symbols. Victor Hugo, a major writer of the 20th century is found on the left; the Eiffel tower, icon of the technological evolution is in the center; and "Liberty Leading the People" speaks to the 1830 revolution on the right.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2017 1/4 oz Gold €50 Europa Star Age of Iron & Glass coin to your cart today!
An illustrious romantic writer and poet, born in 1802 and deceased in 1885, Victor Hugo is one of the major French authors. He is also a political character and committed intellectual. Victor Hugo holds a major place in the history of French literature in the 19th century and is known for works such as "Notre-Dame de Paris", "Les Miserables", "Odes et Ballades", "Les Contemplations", "Les Chatiments", and "La Legende des siecles".
The Eiffel Tower
World famous Parisian monument, the Eiffel Tower was built by Gustave Eiffel and his team for the Universal Exhibition of Paris in 1889. It was erected by 250 workers in two years, two months, and five days between 1887 and 1889. When inaugurated, it was a showcase of the French technical know-how and appreciated by the public. The height of the tower give it the title of "Highest building in the world" for 41 years, until the Chrysler Building construction in New York in 1930. It has been used for many scientific experiments and is still used as a radio and TV transmitter.
Liberty Leading the People
Liberty leading the people is an oil painting by Eugene Delacroix in 1830. It was inspired by the revolution of the "Trois Glorieuses" of 1830. Within French painting of the 19th century, Delacroix is considered the main romantic style representative.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.