Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5.2673 oz of Silver in flawless Proof Piedfort (double thickness) finish.
- Includes five coins: Two £5, Two £2, and one 50p (see below).
- Limited presentation of only 1,500 sets.
- Comes in custom display box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The portrait portrays Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Various designs (see images).
Each of these beautiful Silver sets would make a perfect addition to any collector of British Silver. Add the limited mintage 5-coin Silver set to your cart today!
Each Proof Set includes five Piedfort coins that commemorate the events of 2017:
- A £5 coin marks the 1000th anniversary of the coronation of King Canute, the Viking conqueror hailed the first "king of all England".
- A century of royal service is commemorated by a £5 coin marking the 100th anniversary of the creation of the House of Windsor.
- The 200th anniversary of the death of Jane Austen, one of the best-loved English novelists, is marked with a £2 coin.
- A £2 coin pays tribute to the aviators of the First World War and their sacrifices in the race for supremacy of the skies. The Royal Mint continues to work with Imperial War Museums as part of the program in commemoration of the First World War.
- The legacy of Sir Isaac Newton, genius of the Scientific Revolution and one of the most famous men ever to perform the role of Master of the Mint, is remembered with a 50p coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.