2017 Great Britain 5-Coin Proof Gold Annual Set
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe 2017 Annual Precious Metals Sets feature the commemorative coins of the United Kingdom, marking significant occasions throughout the year, sharing their stories and great moments in coinage history.
- Contains 4.029 oz of Gold.
- Includes five coins: Two £5, two £2, and one 50p (see below).
- Limited presentation of only 100 sets.
- Comes in custom wooden display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Various designs (see images).
- Guaranteed by the Royal Mint.
Add this extremely limited mintage and highly coveted set to your cart today!
Each Proof Set includes five coins that commemorate the events of 2017:
- A £5 coin marks the 1000th anniversary of the coronation of King Canute, the Viking conqueror hailed the first "king of all England".
- A century of royal service is commemorated by a £5 coin marking the 100th anniversary of the creation of the House of Windsor.
- The 200th anniversary of the death of Jane Austen, one of the best-loved English novelists, is marked with a £2 coin.
- A £2 coin pays tribute to the aviators of the First World War and their sacrifices in the race for supremacy of the skies. The Royal Mint continues to work with Imperial War Museums as part of the program in commemoration of the First World War.
- The legacy of Sir Isaac Newton, genius of the Scientific Revolution and one of the most famous men ever to perform the role of Master of the Mint, is remembered with a 50p coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.