2017 Austria Proof Silver €10 Guardian Angels (Michael)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Sold out at the mint! A rich blue accent adds regal appeal to this coin depicting the angel Michael, the first release in the Austrian Mint's new Guardian Angel series.
- Contains .4625 oz of Silver.
- Packaged with a mint box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a sword with a waved blade crossed with a set of scales framed inside the letter "M", which is surrounded by a rich blue grapevine design.
- Reverse: Features a detail adapted from the famous depiction of Saint Michael slaying the dragon, painted on the altar of the church of Saint Miquel de Soriguerola in Catalonia, Spain.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any angel enthusiast's collection. Add this 2017 Austria Proof Silver €10 Guardian Angels Michael coin to your cart today!
From Judaism to Zoroastrianism and from Christianity to Islam, through the ages people of many faiths have looked to angels for protection. Michael, the Protecting Angel is the first coin in the Austrian Mint’s talismanic new four-coin Guardian Angels series, which draws on art history and state-of-the-art color application technology to celebrate these benevolent but invisible beings.
As the leader of the angels, Michael has a particularly devoted following. The leader of the holy legion was the protector of the chosen people of Israel and became patron saint of the Holy Roman Empire after the victorious battle of Lechfeld in 955.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Orange County, CA
Date:May 25, 2017
Date:Apr 18, 2017
This is a nice coin with classical depiction of Archangel Michael, well-struck and with good detail. The blue accent isn't quite as vibrant as shown in the photo, appearing to me more like a Masonic blue or sky blue. Attractive nonetheless. The direct fit mint capsule was a bit scuffed along the perimeter, and the halo effect around the edge detracted from the coin's presentation. I now have the coin in a capsule with black ring for 32mm coins which provides a better contrasting framing of this attractive coin.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.