This is iconic Canada! Each coin in this new, colorful series is a visual celebration of a nation and its spirit, through the richly varied images that bring us together “with glowing hearts.”
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and presented in a mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Very limited mintage of 6,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features four sled dogs and driver in a wintry landscape with the northern lights in the background.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this unique 1/2 oz Silver Dog Sledding Under the Northern Lights coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Claudio D’Angelo features a dog sled team riding out in the Canadian wilderness beneath the aurora borealis on a cold winter night. Nature’s silent hold on the wintry landscape is temporarily disrupted by the arrival of a dog sledding team, which infuses the cold air with barking and an infectious, almost boundless energy. Working in tandem, these four-harnessed dogs merrily make their way along the path, pulling the sled and their driver (musher) behind them at a moderate pace across the wintry landscape.
Viewed from a lower vantage point that places the focus on the lead dogs, the huskies seemingly smile as they race under a starry sky. The musher is bundled up and well equipped for the journey on this clear night. There is no race here, just him and the solitude of the great outdoors, while the greenish hue of the aurora borealis dances overhead in the blue-black sky. It’s the Great White North at its grandest!