- Product Details
Product DetailsNice 1861 Series CSA $5.00 Note with Ceres on Cotton in Extremely Fine condition.
- From the first series of notes to be issued by the Confederate States in 1861 during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Graded in Extremely Fine condition.
- Face: Nice vignettes of the goddess Ceres seated on a bale of cotton at top center, with a sailor in contemporary garb at left.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This is a good example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-36. Hand-signed and numbered.
This note has seen minimal circulation, but is not damaged as many CSA paper money issues are due to the quality of paper being used.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.