Featuring a design by sculptor Charles Pillet, this short-lived Mexican peso is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful coins ever minted. The 1914 is a true rarity, with a mintage of only 120,000, and is rarely offered, especially this nice!
- Graded AU-58 by NGC.
- Mintage of only 120,000, making this far and away the key to this popular series.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the authenticity and the AU-58 condition of this rarity.
- Designed by the French sculptor Charles Pillet with modifications by the U.S. Mint's Charles Barber.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake. Denomination below.
- Reverse: Portrait of Liberty mounted on a horse, carrying a laurel branch and torch in front of a rising sun. Date below.
- Produced in Mexico City.
Protect and display your Silver Caballito in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Combining the work of two great masters of the medallic arts, the Caballito peso is well known for its beauty and prized by collectors for its rarity, being a short-lived type that saw wide circulation. Add this exceptional key date to your cart today!