Ninth release in an exciting 13-coin series. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks.
This ninth coin travels north of the 60th parallel to offer a small glimpse of Yukon’s spectacular natural beauty.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the breathtaking aurora borealis reflecting over clear waters of McIntyre Creek in Yukon Territory.
- Struck and applied with vibrant color, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
Add this spectacular 1/2 oz Silver Aurora Borealis coin to your cart today!
Based on a photograph taken by Canadian wilderness photographer Peter Mather, the reverse features vibrant color over the detailed engraved image of nature’s most colorful light display in Yukon. Heavy snow lines the edges of McIntyre Creek in Whitehorse, YT, where the towering conifers are reflected in the still waters below. On this quiet winter night, the beauty of the northern scenery is heightened by the luminous green and pink hues of the aurora borealis overhead, as it dances across the night sky and lights up the landscape below.