For young and old, the sugar shack experience is the earliest rite of spring in eastern and central Canada, and is embedded in our nation’s cultural fabric.
Whether it’s the sweet scent of the boiling sap or the thrill of a horse-pulled sleigh ride, maple syrup season is a true celebration of Canadian folklore and tradition in an old-time ambiance, as beautifully captured on the colorful reverse.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell box with a graphic outer sleeve.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Captures the joyous wonder of the Canadian tradition of collecting tree sap that will soon create maple syrup in the sugar shack.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver Winter Fun Proof coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Tony Bianco captures the wonder of a quintessentially Canadian tradition. The engraved scene is set in early spring, when the temperatures slowly climb during the day but fall again after sunset. The application of vibrant color on the coin adds several focal points along the leafless landscape, which is otherwise dominated by silver and white. A sleigh pulled by a team of horses adds a timeless quality to the setting—as does the bright red sugar house nestled in the maple grove, where the sap is boiled to produce pure maple syrup. In the foreground, the eye is naturally drawn towards the bright winter clothing of a young child, who wondrously peers into a bucket and curiously studies the collected sap during their visit to the sugar shack.