First in a new series! Introducing a new five-coin series that showcases a beautifully engraved bird in its colorful Canadian habitat.
Flittering from branch to branch, the black-capped chickadee is an enchanting sight at backyard feeders and in woodlands across much of Canada. This friendly and inquisitive little songbird is one of our beloved year-round companions; it is one of the many species of birds that breed in Canada, where their interactions with the environment leaves us with a greater appreciation for the beauty that surrounds us, as beautifully showcased in this unique five-coin series.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell box with a graphic outer sleeve.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a black-capped chickadee perched on a magnolia branch.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver Chickadee coin to your cart today!
The reverse image by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas deftly combines sumptuous colors and intricate engraving that leaves one with an appreciation for nature’s beauty. The selective application of color recreates the soft pink and white hues of the magnolia blossoms, which evoke a warm, sunny day in May. One can imagine the musical call of the black-capped chickadee filling the air as it sits perched on the branch; engraved in outstanding detail, the diminutive chickadee presents its right-side profile to allow the viewer to study its body shape and narrow tail.