1922 $10 Gold Certificate Hillegas VF-35 PMG
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Own a piece of currency that actually had value. These Gold Certificates are not fiat (value from government regulation) currency like the paper money of today. These notes were actually backed by Gold coin, not just the government's pledge to redeem it.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve and graded by PMG as VF-35.
- This denomination features a Gold seal and Gold serial numbers.
- Speelman/White signatures—Friedberg#1173.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
This series is from the end of an era in U.S. currency. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Gold Certificates, like circulating Gold coins were withdrawn from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. Although no longer redeemable for Gold, they are still legal tender.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.