2017 Australia Gold Sovereign Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The discovery of payable Gold in the colony of New South Wales in 1851 lay behind the establishment of the Sydney branch of the Royal Mint, which opened on May 14, 1855.
The Sydney Mint produced its first Type-I sovereign, featuring a unique colonial design, on June 23.
- Contains .2354 oz actual Gold weight.
- Housed in a prestigious wooden presentation case with superbly illustrated shipper and wrap, accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2017 year-date.
- Reverse: Portrays St. Edward’s crown, a laurel wreath and the word "Australia", historic elements of Leonard Charles Wyon’s original Type-I reverse. The modern tribute also includes the inscription "Perth Mint" and "Sovereign".
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This limited edition coin would be a fantastic addition to any Gold collection. Add this 2017 Australia Gold Proof Sovereign to your cart today!
There ensued an unbroken 76-year history of Gold sovereign production in Australia. Over 400 million coins were created in Sydney, and at Royal Mint branches opened later in Melbourne and Perth. From 1871 the coins featured Imperial designs with the addition of "S", "M" or "P" mintmarks respectfully, to identify their place of manufacture. The various combinations of these features and monarchs means that today’s collectors must find almost 200 different Australian sovereigns to complete a set.
Customizing the original Sydney Mint Sovereign to read Perth Mint, this coin represents a modern adaptation of this important part of Australia’s history.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.