2017 BVI Silver $10 Queen's Sapphire Jubilee Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This impressive coin celebrates the first ever Sapphire Jubilee of a British Monarch!
- Contains 1 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 1,952 coins. The mintage number represents the year the Queen took the throne.
- Obverse: Features an exclusive Pobjoy designed Queen's effigy facing right on the obverse in relief. The effigy on this side is frosted, while the table of the coin is proof.
- Reverse: Depicts the same effigy as the obverse, with an incuse design and facing left. This side of the coin is also reverse proof with the Queen's effigy is proof and the table of the coin is frosted.
- Issued on behalf of the British Virgin Islands.
This "Double-Headed" coin is perfect for collectors. Add this 2017 BVI Silver $10 Queen's Sapphire Jubilee Proof coin to your cart today!
Queen Elizabeth II acceded to the throne at the age of 25, upon the death of her father, King George VI, on February 6, 1952, and was proclaimed Queen by her various privy and executive councils shortly afterward. The Coronation took place more than a year later due to the tradition that holding such a festival is inappropriate during the period of mourning following the death of a monarch. In the ceremony itself, at Westminster Abbey, Elizabeth swore an oath to uphold the law and govern the Church of England.
Queen Elizabeth II became the longest reigning monarch in 2015 when she overtook her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria. The recent death of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej means Queen Elizabeth II of Britain and the Commonwealth Realms has now become the world's longest-reigning living monarch.
The 65th anniversary is associated with the gemstone sapphire, symbolic of loyalty and some say can bring inner peace and fulfillment of dreams and prosperity. The color associated with this anniversary is blue, symbolic of trust and peace, loyalty and integrity, all characteristics you would expect in a Sovereign.
The Queen’s Coronation took place in 1953 a year after she acceded to the throne and was the first major event to be broadcast on television against Winston Churchill’s advice. The Coronation was broadcast in both black and white and color and was viewed by 27 million of the then 36 million Brits!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.