2017 Great Britain £1 Proof Silver Nations of the Crown
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis is the first opportunity to own an individual issue of the new 12-sided €1 coin in Precious Metal!
- Contains .3113 oz of Silver and plated with fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of only 26,000 proofs.
- New 12-sided design.
- Obverse: Portrays the definitive portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Designed by 15 year old David Pearce, the design features the four floral emblems of the nations of the United Kingdom, the English rose, the Welsh leek, the Scottish thistle and the Northern Irish shamrock emerging from one stem within a royal coronet.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Perfect for any collector, add this 2017 Great Britain £1 Proof Silver Nations of the Crown to your cart today!
The new 12-sided £1 coin is the most innovative ever produced by The Royal Mint. A showcase for the latest technology, as well as time-honored skills honed over The Royal Mint’s 1,000-year history, it has been designed to be fit for the future, using security features that aim to safeguard our currency for years to come.
The coin’s new shape and bimetallic appearance in two different colors, alongside its other visible security elements, mean it will tackle the problems of sophisticated counterfeiting head-on. The addition of The Royal Mint’s patented High Security Feature, within the coin itself, has added to its reputation as the most secure coin in the world.
The general public was given a rare opportunity to play a part in bringing this coin into the nation’s pockets through an open design competition. David Pearce was just 15 years old when his fresh interpretation of traditional floral emblems was chosen to symbolize the United Kingdom on the most modern coin.
This is the first major change to the specification of the £1 coin since it replaced the £1 note in 1983. As we bid farewell to the last "round pound" we celebrate the end of an era and welcome its state-of-the-art successor.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.