Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Like other members of the woodpecker family, the northern flicker is known for its loud drumming and a rolling call. This migratory bird makes its presence known when it returns each spring to Canada’s woodlands, where its spotted plumage complements the colorful beauty of its surroundings.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell box with a graphic outer sleeve.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a northern flicker positioned vertically on a tree limb to allow a full view of its distinctively patterned plumage.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver Northern Flicker coin to your cart today!
The reverse image by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas captures the delicate beauty of springtime in Canada’s many forests. Returning to its breeding range after wintering in the south, the northern flicker is positioned vertically on a tree limb to allow a full view of its distinctively patterned plumage. Intricate engraving captures its likeness in outstanding detail, from the relatively long bill to the darker markings on its tail and upper wing feathers. Towards the base of the tree, selective color adds a bright splash to the woodland scene. Red, green, yellow and white paint beautifully recreate the three-leaf clusters of red trillium and white trillium, which carpet the forest floor each April and May.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.