2017 BIOT Silver £2 Royal Couple (Queen's 80th Birthday)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
This coin honors the Royal Couple's astonishing life together and features a portrait from the Queen's 80th Birthday.
- Contains .841 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 2,000 coins.
- Features an exclusive double effigy obverse.
- Obverse: Displays a duel effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip, which is exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip and is based on photo taken at St. Paul's Cathedral in celebration of the Queen's 80th Birthday.
- Minted on behalf of the British Indian Ocean Territory by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2017 BIOT Silver £2 Royal Couple (Queen's 80th Birthday) coin to your cart today!
Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Philip have had an astonishing life together and have dedicated their lives to the duty of monarchy. The couple first met at the Royal Naval College in Dartmouth in 1939 when the Queen was just 13- years-old, and began exchanging letters before eventually becoming formally engaged in 1947, following the Queen’s 21st birthday. The royal pair married later in the same year and in November this year will celebrate their Platinum Wedding anniversary. The monarch was crowned just five years after their wedding following the death of her father King George VI, who died aged only 56, and although the transition changed their lives forever the couple have always approached their royal duties with a sense of humor and affection for each other that, over the decades, is testament to their enduring love.
The Image on the reverse of this coin is a depiction of particularly lovely photo taken as HM Queen Elizabeth II & HRH Prince Philip arrived at St Paul’s Cathedral for the Queen’s 80th Birthday thanksgiving on June 15th 2006. The photo was taken at the Queen’s official Birthday which is celebrated in summer so that the weather is suitable for the outdoor ceremonies. The Queen’s actual Birthday is on the 21st of April but the typical British weather makes this an often cold and rainy time of the year!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.