Eleventh release in an exciting 13-coin series. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks.
This coin showcases some of the breathtaking splendors of Alberta’s varied landscapes, including the iconic peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Showcases the famous mountain landscape of Banff National Park and Peyto Lake below.
- Struck and applied with vibrant color, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
Add this spectacular 1/2 oz Silver Peyto Lake coin to your cart today!
Based on a photograph by Canadian nature photographer Missy Mandel, the reverse features vibrant color over detailed engraving that showcases the famous mountain landscape of Banff National Park. The viewpoint from the Bow Summit Lookout affords a sweeping view of the forested valley below, where the partly clouded sky has cast shadows over the terrain. Sunlight shines through the clouds and enhances the colorful appearance of Peyto Lake, which steals the spotlight with its dreamlike, turquoise hue. The glacier-fed waters are nestled among the Rocky Mountains, where snow-capped peaks add a majestic quality to the scenery as they seemingly rise up to touch the sky.