2017 Great Britain £5 Proof Silver House of Windsor
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This regal coin celebrates the centenary of the House of Windsor, which came into being in July 1917.
- Contains .841 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of only 13,000 proofs.
- Obverse: Portrays the fifth definitive portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Features Windsor Castle's Round Tower as the focus of the official Badge of the House of Windsor. The sprigs of oak are a reference to Windsor Forest and they define the base of the mount on which the Castle stands and supports the Royal Crown.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this historic moment with and add this 2017 Great Britain £5 Proof Silver House of Windsor coin to your cart today!
The House of Windsor came into being in July 1917 by proclamation of George V. At this time the Royal Family gave up the German name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha which had come to them in 1840, with the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert. This decision to become known as the house and family of Windsor was largely due to anti-German feeling during the First World War. With this new name, a new royal dynasty was born.
Since then the House of Windsor has produced four monarchs who have reigned over the subjects of Britain and the Commonwealth for 100 years. Both George V and George VI dedicated their lives to the service of their country, as has Her Majesty The Queen, the nation’s longest reigning monarch. Their commitment to duty is clear in a speech made by The Queen on her 21st birthday, while she was visiting South Africa. Though it was five years before she would become our sovereign, she said:
“I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.”
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.