Twelfth release in an exciting 13-coin series. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks.
This coin shines the spotlight on some of the spectacular sights seen along the place where land and sea meet the rugged coast of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Showcases an iceberg depicted from a photograph of the waters from Canada's easternmost coast.
- Struck and applied with vibrant color, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
Add this spectacular 1/2 oz Silver Iceberg at Dawn coin to your cart today!
Based on a photograph taken by Canadian photographer Dale Wilson, the reverse features vibrant color over detailed engraving that recreates an awe-inspiring sight off of Canada’s easternmost coast. From April to mid-June, icebergs are a frequent sight in the waters off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador, which offers some of the best iceberg viewing opportunities in the world. Here, the pink and purple colors of dawn provide a beautiful backdrop to the snow-white shape of the glacial giant as it passes through “Iceberg Alley” off the coast of Twillingate, N.L., dubbed the “Iceberg Capital of the World.”