2017 Great Britain £2 Prf Gold Jane Austen
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
A Revolutionary Romantic, this coin honors the renowned Jane Austen and her timeless writing.
- Contains .4706 oz of Yellow Gold and plated outer rim of fine Rose Gold.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of 884 proofs.
- A unique Regency-era coin design.
- Obverse: Portrays the definitive portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Features a silhouette of Jane, central to the design, which is framed. To complete the design, stripes have been added underneath the test to make the frame appear as though on a Regency-era wall.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Perfect for any collector, add this 2017 Great Britain £2 Prf Gold Jane Austen to your cart today!
Jane Austen published her first novel, Sense and Sensibility, in 1811 and, although her books were largely unappreciated during her lifetime, readers across the world began a love affair with her fiction that has endured for 200 years.
Though mainly associated with love stories, Austen was a pioneer in many aspects of modern novel writing. Her six books, including Pride and Prejudice, were revolutionary in their approach to issues such as love, marriage and money. She also used her sharp wit to tackle ideas such as the position of women in Regency society and the snobbery of people who loved money and rank above all else.
Over the years her books have grown into a global phenomenon. Her novels have been translated into more than 40 languages with dozens of popular film and television adaptations making her widely recognized and adored.
Two hundred years after her death, Jane Austen remains one of the best-loved authors in the world.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.