Indo Scythian Silver Tetradrachm Azes (35 BC-5 AD) AU NGC (Vault)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsSilver Tetradrachm from the reign of Azes II, king of Bactria, present day Afghanistan, from 35 BC to 5 AD. He was a political descendant of Alexander the Great, who brought Greek culture to the East. Money of the Bible packaged in a story vault.
- One of the earliest known bilingual minted coins.
- Coin legends show Greek letters and Kharosthi script.
- Packaged in a unique plastic story vault container.
- Graded Choice Almost Uncirculated by NGC and encapsulated in a sealed holder to protect your investment.
- Obverse: King on horseback right.
- Reverse: Standing Athena holding spear and shield.
Protect and display your Indo Scythian Tetradrachm in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Much of Azes' coinage was issued before the birth of Christ, but some had to be struck on the day of Christ's birth, and all were in circulation when Christ lived. Add this piece of history to your cart today!
The Kharosthi script is an ancient script used in ancient Gandhara (primarily modern-day Afghanistan and Pakistan) to write the Gandhari Prakrit and Sanskrit.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.