Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains five oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Presented in a refined case, the coin is accompanied by a booklet which has been created in collaboration with Imperial War Museums, which gives insight into the events of 1917.
- Maximum mintage of 450 coins.
- Obverse: Features the fifth definitive portrait of The Queen by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Inspired by Rudyard Kipling, the oak and laurel wreath symbolizes Britain and victories won, while the image of the lone soldier in silent reflection reminds us of the human cost of war.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this momentous occasion with this limited mintage Silver 5 oz coin. Add this 5 oz Silver Proof coin to your cart today!
In 2014 The Royal Mint began a program of commemoration to mark the centenary of the First World War. The coins in the collection tell the story of the conflict from "Outbreak to Armistice", in a story that, like the "Great War", will last for five years.
A series of five-ounce coins takes us from the start of the war in 1914 to its end in 1918. This year’s release is the fourth of the coins and looks back to the events of 1917, when vital progress was made in the face of adversity during a brutal war.
As we reflect on the conflict 100 years on, The Royal Mint issues this five-ounce coin reminding us of the true cost of war, the terrible losses and the sacrifices made. The coin features an original design by renowned sculptor Philip Jackson CVO DL MA FRBS, inspired by the poetry of Rudyard Kipling and the individual sacrifices that were made to end the war.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.