2017 Silver €10 Masterpieces of Museums Prf (Venus De Milo)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Part of a series presenting pieces of art displayed in French museums, this coin features the iconic La Venus de Milo.
- Contains .6423 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the famous Greek sculpture Milo discovered in 1820 in Melos. It is surrounded by marble arches, giving the impression it is framed. A stamp on the right side includes the words "Chefs d'oevre des musees" and identifies the series.
- Reverse: Is common to the series and features several views of major French museums including Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, a fresco of the Hotel Sale, Hotel Biron, and Centre Pompidou stairway. The face value and words "Republique Francaise" are also inscribed.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for an art enthusiast. Add this 2017 Silver €10 Masterpieces of Museums Prf (Venus De Milo) coin to your cart today!
La Venus de Milo
Venus de Milo was discovered in 1820 in Melos, a Cyclades island in Greece. It was offered to Louis XVIII who gave it to the Louvre the following year. The sculpture is composed of two marble blocks and was realized in several parts that have been separately created and then connected together with vertical seals. The arms of the statue were never found. We can see on that statue fixing holes proving that she was wearing jewels. The story of this statue is a mystery: it could represent Aphrodite, often presented half naked, or Amphitrite, sea goddess venerated in Milo.
The Louvre Museum
The Louvre is a museum of Art and Antiquities located in Paris. The building used to be one of the principal residences of the kings of France. It became a museum in 1793 and currently presents pieces of occidental art from the Middle Ages to 1848, but also includes the heritage of the antique civilizations that have influenced it. Over 35,000 art pieces are presented, among which is Venus de Milo.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.