2017 (P) Silver American Eagle MS-70 PCGS (FS, Philadelphia Mint)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Because of PCGS's strict requirements for First Strike eligibility and since the existence of these coins was not announced until after the First Strike deadline, the population of these coins is sure to remain low - currently only 107 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Population of only 107 First Strike coins are known in MS-70.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin and certifies its Philadelphia origin.
- Since the Mint did not announce the existence of Philadelphia minted coins until well after the deadline for First Strike eligibility, very few coins can be proven First Strike eligible.
- As of the Mint's announcement on March 20, 2017, less than 11% of 2017 Silver Eagles were minted in Philadelphia.
- Due to differences in processes at U.S. Mint facilities, far fewer Philadelphia minted coins grade a perfect MS-70 than their West Point counterparts.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
PCGS limits the First Strike designation to coins that can be proven to have shipped from the U.S. Mint within the first 30 days of release. Because the U.S. Mint did not announce the information identifying this low-mintage issue until April, only coins that were certified as First Strike eligible at the beginning of 2017 and remained in sealed boxes since that time can receive this designation, ensuring the scarcity of First Strike coins. Further, due to manual packaging techniques used at the Philadelphia Mint, a dramatically lower percentage of coins grade a perfect MS-70 in comparison to the machine-packed West Point issues.
With only 1,000,000 coins minted as of March 20, 2017, the 2017 (P) Silver Eagle brings the appeal of a low mintage issue to the world's most popular Silver bullion coin. In comparison, the key date 1996 coin has a mintage of over 3.6 million. Don't miss the opportunity to add an MS-70 Philadelphia minted 2017 Silver Eagle to your collection today!
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||None - Philadelphia Mint|
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 12, 2017
With mintage as low as this coin, the value of this coin will sky rocket in the near years to come. Happy to have it, one of only 211.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
Date:Aug 11, 2017
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.