Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Cupro-Nickel composition.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Represents the torso of a woman whose chest is protected by her hand and the pink ribbon as a symbol of the fight against breast cancer. The illustration is surrounded by "25e anniversaire du ruban rose", the dates 1992-2017 and RF.
- Reverse: Depicts the standard €2 coin which is found throughout all countries of the eurozone.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This commemorative coin is a great addition to any collection or a supportive gift for a loved one. Add this 2017 Proof Fight Against Breast Cancer coin to your cart today!
At the start of the 90's, breast cancer was a taboo. At that time research had very little financing and mobilization was almost zero. In October 1994, a sensitization campaign called "Breast Cancer, let's talk about it!" was launched in France, gathering Estee Lauder France Group and the Marie Claire Magazine. With this initiative, October became the worldwide focal point of the sensitization campaign. It stressed the dialog on the significance of early breast cancer detection as well as the fight against breast cancer in general and was called "Pink October".
Monnaie de Paris' Involvement
Aware of this cause, Monnaie de Paris has decided to support the initiative on two different levels. The mint is increasing communication of the cause through the circulating Breast Cancer Awareness coins throughout Europe. Monnaie de Paris is also supporting the cause financially with a €2 donation to the association for each sale of a Proof or BU €2 coin.
The Pink Ribbon
Created in 1992, the pink ribbon is the global symbol of the Fight against Breast Cancer. In 2017 the pink ribbon celebrates its 25th anniversary. It was Evelyn H. Lauder, Vice President of Estee Lauder and Self Magazine who invented this symbol. Selected for its femininity, its joy and it sweetness, the color pink evokes "everything that cancer is not". The ribbon offers a vision of hope in the fight against the illness. In 20 years, over 100 million pink ribbons have been distributed around the world.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.