- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 gram of .999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes sealed in the original plastic as issued directly from the People's Bank of China.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by "People's Republic of China" in Chinese closed off by the year of issue, 2018.
- Reverse: Features a large portrait of the Giant Panda eating a bamboo shoot.
- Guaranteed by the People's Bank of China.
The giant panda, also known as panda bear or simply panda, is a bear native to south central China. It is easily recognized by the large, distinctive black patches around its eyes, over the ears, and across its round body. The name "giant panda" is sometimes used to distinguish it from the unrelated red panda. Though it belongs to the order Carnivora, the giant panda's diet is over 99% bamboo. Giant pandas will occasionally eat other grasses, wild tubers, or even meat in the form of birds, rodents, or carrion.
The giant panda lives in a few mountain ranges in central China, mainly in Sichuan, but also in neighboring Shaanxi and Gansu. As a result of farming, deforestation, and other development, the giant panda has been driven out of the lowland areas where it once lived.
While the dragon has often served as China's national symbol, internationally the giant panda appears at least as commonly. As such, it is becoming widely used within China in international contexts.
When people think of China, they often think of the panda. The Chinese regard them as a symbol for friendship and peace. The panda has an important place in Chinese culture and history. In the Xizhou Dynasty, the panda was described as an invincible animal, as strong as a tiger. As a tribute to kings and emperors, a panda's pelt was often given during that time.
During the Ming dynasty, the panda was often thought to have medical powers. The pelt supposedly could repel plague and prevent tumors.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.