Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint boxes. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Packaged in an RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"),
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® Premier designation, ensuring it comes directly from the U.S. Mint to you.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: An American eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and $100 face value are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your Platinum Eagle in style by adding a wooden box to your order.
With their beloved, patriotic design, Platinum American Eagle coins provide diversity to investment portfolios with a hard asset that is both secure and internationally recognized. Add these truly beautiful MintDirect® Premier Platinum Eagle coins to your cart today!
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the U.S. Mint within the first 30 days go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier. This designation may not be recognized by external grading services. APMEX will only have a limited number of MintDirect® Premier products each year.
APMEX has created a process to guarantee these coins are direct from the U.S. Mint to you to ensure that our customers receive only authentic U.S. Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed "Monster Boxes", exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint boxes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished MintDirect® Premier 2018 1 oz Platinum American Eagle Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the United States Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Happy owner of new 2018 Platinum Eagle
Date:Apr 5, 2018
The eagle 1 oz platinum coin is better than I imagined. It shines without any blemishes. It is perfect right from the Mint. I am keeping it a week longer with me so I can admire it before storing it in the bank safety deposit box.
- Attractive Design
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.