2018 Australia 1 oz Silver Koala (MintDirect® Premier Single)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe koala is one of Australia's most popular animals, accounting for the exceptional success of the Australian Koala series that began in 2007. The 2018 release is sure to continue that success as the first year offering .9999 fine purity!
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- This process requires the coins to be removed from their original mint capsules.
- Mintage of 300,000 coins.
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a koala sitting on the branch of a eucalyptus tree surrounded by gum leaves. The inscription "Australian Koala", The Perth Mint's "P" mintmark and the 2018 year-date are also featured in the design.
Secure your Silver Koala by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Learn more about the Escape to Australia Sweepstakes today.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Koala MintDirect® Premier Single to your cart today!
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2018 1 oz Silver Koala MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.