Sold out at the mint! A key Canadian keepsake in .9999 fine Silver. Just as the 1967 coins evoke memories of Canada’s Centennial year, this powerfully symbolic collectible is the perfect snapshot of its time.
Cutting-edge technology meets artistic vision and craftsmanship. Laser frosting gives the flag an ethereal appearance as it rises up behind the 3D-like map of Canada.
- Contains 0.75 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the map of Canada and has a distinctive dimensional feel to it as the viewer’s eye sweeps across the nation. The focal point is the large "150" at the center, superimposed on the map. Behind it all is Canada's national flag, rendered in laser frosting that gives it an ethereal feel.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 2017 Proof Silver Dollar Special Edition coin cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Jamie Desrochers captures the celebratory spirit of a nation in 2017. Viewed from a unique perspective, the map of Canada has a distinctive dimensional feel to it as the viewer’s eye sweeps across the nation. The focal point itself is the large “150” at the center; enhanced with vibrant red enamel and superimposed on the map, the “150” is as large as the nature of the celebrations commemorating the 150th anniversary of Confederation. Below it, the words “CANADA”, “DOLLAR” and commemorative dates “1867-2017” are also engraved in Heritage Canada’s official font for the occasion, alongside the CANADA 150 logo. Behind it all is Canada’s national flag, rendered in laser frosting that gives it an ethereal feel, a fitting way to convey the swelling sense of pride and patriotism that, though unseen, can be found within Canadian hearts during this momentous year. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.