These coins were struck on special burnished blanks and treated to give them a distinct look that is different from regular business strike coins.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect Mint State-70 condition of the coin.
- The Early Releases label ensures that this coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Mintage of only 2,676 coins.
- Obverse: John Mercanti’s design shows a portrait of the Statue of Liberty gazing confidently forward, a symbol of freedom and opportunity.
- Reverse: "Lady Justice" watched over by an American bald eagle representing the Judicial Branch of government.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your certified Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Platinum Eagle combines beauty with Platinum bullion appeal. Add this certified 2006-W 1/4 oz Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!