Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .841 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of 3,200 proofs.
- Obverse: Portrays the definitive portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Features a portrait of Prince Philip originally designed by renowned coin and medallic designer Humphry Paget and has been update by Lee R. Jones.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this historic moment with The Duke of Edinburgh and add this 2017 Great Britain £5 Proof Silver Prince Philip Life of Service coin to your cart today!
After nearly 80 years of selfless and dedicated service to his country, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh has announced his retirement from public duties. As he steps backs from the spotlight, The Royal Mint celebrates his extraordinary contribution to public life and people’s lives.
From distinguished service at sea to his wholehearted support of Her Majesty The Queen as the longest serving consort, and from the life-changing Duke of Edinburgh’s Award to his leadership of hundreds of charities, Prince Philip’s record of service and achievement is unparalleled.
The Duke of Edinburgh also served as President of The Royal Mint Advisory Committee from 1952 until 1999, an unbroken period of 47 years. Every coin and medal produced by The Royal Mint over this time, including four portraits of The Queen, has been discussed and approved by the committee he chaired.
To mark The Duke of Edinburgh’s official retirement, and in recognition of his long association with The Royal Mint, the mint has struck a £5 coin in his honor.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.