2017 Great Britain 5 oz Proof Silver Britannia
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
We provide a 4.0% cash discount to our customers if they pay for their orders by check, bank wire or trade. The prices shown for each product under Check/Wire include the 4.0% cash discount. The prices shown for each product under CC/PayPal are the full list price
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis impressive coin contains 5 oz of Proof finish Silver and marks a year of change for Great Britain.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Maximum mintage of 1,600 coins.
- Features a trident mint mark specifically for 2017.
- Obverse: Features the 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts a new, modern Britannia. She holds her ancient warrior attributes including the familiar crested helmet, spear, and shield. Great Britain is illustrated by incorporating Britannia into its silhouette, her flowing robe is in fact the stable, rocky surface of Britain itself.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this artistic coin to your cart today!
Britannia is the female personification of Britain, an enduring symbol that has appeared on coinage for centuries. Throughout shifts in art and politics, technology and popular culture, she has reflected the spirit and values of the nation.
The Britannia Collection from The Royal Mint has become known for showcasing modern artists, who create their own interpretation of the icon. For 2017, Louis Tamlyn has created a modern interpretation, reflecting a year of political change when the eyes of the world have often been on Britain.
This year also marks two significant anniversaries for the Britannia coin. In 1987 The Royal Mint introduced a new bullion coin to the international market. The coin was called Britannia and three decades later we mark its 30th anniversary. 2017 is also the 20th anniversary of the first Silver Britannia bullion coin, making it a historically important year for the coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.