Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Why Buy Gold
Canada’s first circulating Silver dollar was introduced in 1935 to mark the Silver Jubilee celebrations for King George V. Its design featured a voyageur and Native person paddling a canoe in tribute to the fur trade; the industry that founded the nation, and the image of a vast untamed frontier it conveyed made it one of the most popular coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- This release features a limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Packaged in a unique credit card style packaging featuring the official Canada 150 logo and an assay certificate on the back side of the card attesting to the purity and minimum guaranteed weight.
- Features a visible micro-engraved security maple leaf featuring "17" in the center of the leaf.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $150 face value and the year 2017.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of a canoe carrying furs with a voyager paddling at the stern and aboriginal paddling at the bow.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1 oz Gold Canada 150 Special Edition Voyageur coin to your cart today!
Largely unchanged from the design that appeared on Canadian silver dollars from 1935 to 1986, the “Voyageur” image by sculptor and artist Emanuel Hahn is a powerful nod to Canada’s early history and its reputation as an untamed frontier during the fur trade era.
In the center of the coin's reverse is where a canoe moves swiftly past the wind-swept pines that dot a semi-circular island. A voyageur paddles at the stern, while an Aboriginal paddles at the bow; between them, a bundle of wrapped furs are marked “HB” for Hudson’s Bay Company, while stylized vertical rays above represent the aurora borealis lighting up the sky.
The Special Edition Gold Canadian Voyageur Features a Historic DesignThe 1 oz Gold $150 Canada 150th Anniversary coin depicts a beautiful design featuring a voyageur and native person paddling a canoe in tribute to the industry that founded the nation, the fur trade. Along with this historic design, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as well as the face value and year are shown on the obverse side of the Gold coin.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.