Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: This coin features a sea turtle with a detailed aquatic ocean floor scene.
- An RCM First: Mosaic murrini. The sea turtle-shaped glass element is the result of a laborious handcrafted process in which different colors of glass rods (stringers) are layered and fused together to form a colorful mosaic that reveals the final image when sliced.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Despite its delicate appearance, the glass embellishment is sculpted from borosilicate glass, which is highly resilient yet lightweight. Add this remarkable Under The Sea: Sea Turtle coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais peers into the underwater world off Canada’s coast, where color over detailed engraving highlights the coral, ferns and rocks that lie beneath the gentle waves. On the left, a handcrafted embellishment by Canadian glass artist Loïc Beaumont-Tremblay contains a sea turtle-shaped Mosaic Murini element. The mosaic-based approach to this glass art technique lends itself well to recreating the turtle’s distinctive appearance, from its shell to its clawed feet and tail. Positioned to mimic the turtle’s movements through the water, the Murini piece is itself enclosed in its own glass “shell” sculpted from borosilicate glass.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.