Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
These magnificent 1/10 oz Proof Gold coins, with a mintage of 8,000, celebrate the Year of the Dog, the eleventh animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac.
The Perth Mint's popular Lunar Series gains even more beauty in a spectacular Proof finish. Each coin contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold, providing Gold value along with collectible appeal of the yearly changing Lunar designs.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an oval-shaped display case, featuring a glossy timber-effect lid, presented in a colored illustrated shipper with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue, and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a Labrador Retriever standing on rocks and featuring a stylized pine tree in the background. The Chinese character for "dog" and the inscription "Year of the Dog" also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Proudly display your 1/10 oz Year of the Dog Proof Gold coin by adding a lunar display box to your order.
Update your lunar set by adding this stunning 1/10 oz Year of the Dog Gold coin to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Gold, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Chinese themes from. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dog. The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.