2018 France 1/4 oz Gold €50 Year of the Dog Proof (Lunar)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Product DetailsThe first year of a new lunar series from Monnaie de Paris features a Chow-Chow in honor of the Year of the Dog!
- Contains 1/4 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 500 coins.
- The first year of a new lunar series from Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: Features a Chow-Chow within a circle of traditional Chinese motifs. He appears through the coin using the door displayed on the reverse. The animal's ideogram appears on the dog itself.
- Reverse: Depicts all of the animals of the Chinese zodiac on a screen surrounding a traditional Chinese temple door.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2018 France 1/4 oz Gold €50 Year of the Dog Proof (Lunar) coin to your cart today!
The dog exhibits some of humankind's most noble features, including loyalty, faithfulness, honesty and a profound sense of duty. The dog also inspires confidence and does his best for others. Throughout history, dogs have often been the champion of justice, seeking to remedy injustice.
The Chinese calendar is one of the oldest in the world and is based off of the sun and moon. Months are set according to the moon. For example, the first day of each month is the new moon and the 15th day is the full moon. Because the solar year counts 12 lunar months plus a dozen days, seven intercalary months are added over each 19 years in order for the calendar year to stay within a solar year. According to Chinese tradition, the first calendar system was created by the Yellow Emperor in 2637 BC. The Gregorian calendar was officially adopted by the PRC in 1912, then extended to the whole state in 1929. New Year is between January 20th and February 21st each year.
Chinese signs of the zodiac include the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and the Pig. Each animal is a symbolizes personality traits of people born during the sign.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.