Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .5144 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Coins are packaged in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features an ibex in profile surrounded by alpine primroses and edelweiss. “Republik Österreich”, the 2017 year of issue and the face value €100.
- Reverse: Features an ibex with its young on a steep rock face, as a marmot looks on.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
These commemorative Gold coins from Austria are a great way to add to your Gold holdings while enhancing your World Gold collection. Add one of these 2017 Austria Proof Gold €100 Wildlife in our Sights Alpine Ibex coins to your cart today!
Almost hunted to extinction in the 19th century because its blood and horns were thought to possess mythical healing powers, today the alpine ibex numbers some 45,000. After a gestation period of five to six months, the alpine ibex’s young are born in May or June. Immature males and females live together in a herd but the young bucks form a separate herd as they approach maturity.
In the rutting season, adult bucks seek out females and try to win control over the herd by putting on a show of strength. They do this by confronting rival bucks on hind legs and bringing their horns crashing down on those of their opponents. In spring, the bucks become solitary again and spend more and more time alone as they get older.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.