2018 AUS 2 oz Silver Lunar Dog MS-70 PCGS (FS, Red Label)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This Silver Lunar Dog from the Perth Mint is graded a perfect MS-70 and comes in the APMEXclusive® Red Label holder from PCGS. With very low mintages, Silver Lunar coins are highly sought after each year.
However, these MS-70 PCGS coins have a much lower population than the raw coins, with only 7 FS MS-70 coins in the Red Label.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value, Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts a German Shepherd dog and pup lying in grass with Chinese peony flowers in the background. The design also incorporates the Chinese character for dog, the inscription "Year of the Dog" and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- The Red Label is exclusive to APMEX, featuring designs for each year in the popular Lunar Series. This will significantly add to the collectibility of these coins.
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add this 2 oz Silver Lunar Dog coin to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2018 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dog. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born in these years are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||P - Perth Mint|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.