2017 British Indian Ocean Territory Silver £2 Royal Crest
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This intricately designed coin features the Royal Crest in celebration of the Queen's Sapphire Jubilee.
- Contains .841 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 1,952 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a duel effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip, which is exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features The Royal Crest, which has evolved over 9 centuries since Richard the Lionheart chose three lions to represent England. The Crest appears on the gates of Buckingham Palaces and shows the shield of the UK Royal Arms supported by the English Lion on the left and the Scottish Unicorn on the right. The patron Saint of England, St. George is shown just below the crest.
- Minted on behalf of the British Indian Ocean Territory by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2017 British Indian Ocean Territory Silver £2 Royal Crest coin to your cart today!
Queen Elizabeth II acceded to the throne at the age of 25, upon the death of her father, King George VI, on February 6, 1952, and was proclaimed Queen by her various privy and executive councils shortly afterward. The Coronation took place more than a year later due to the tradition that holding such a festival is inappropriate during the period of mourning following the death of a monarch. In the ceremony itself, at Westminster Abbey, Elizabeth swore an oath to uphold the law and govern the Church of England.
Queen Elizabeth II became the longest reining monarch in 2015 when she overtook her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria. The recent death of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej means Queen Elizabeth II of Britain and the Commonwealth Realms has now become the world's longest-reigning living monarch.
The 65th anniversary is associated with the gemstone sapphire - symbolic of loyalty and some say can bring inner peace and fulfillment of dreams and prosperity. The color associated with this anniversary is blue, symbolic of trust and peace, loyalty and integrity, all characteristics you would expect in a Sovereign.
The Queen’s Coronation took place in 1953 a year after she acceded to the throne and was the first major event to be broadcast on television against Winston Churchill’s advice. The Coronation was broadcast in both black and white and color and was viewed by an estimated 27 million of the then 36 million Brits!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.