Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This coin is the first in what's expected to be an annual series of 1 oz limited mintage Silver Proof Swan coins with designs varying each year, much like the heralded Koala and Kookaburra coin series from Perth. Learn about the entire Perth Swan Series today.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects your coins.
- The First Strikes label ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2017 year-date are depicted.
- Reverse: The design features a beautiful swan swimming on the surface of the water. The water in the design runs underneath the legend of the coin and can be seen up to the rim of the coin. The design includes the inscription "THE 1oz 9999 AUSTRALIAN SILVER SWAN" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark.
Protect and display your perfect PR-70 PCGS Swan in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This swan is so lifelike that it appears to be ready to take flight off the coin itself. Add this spectacular 2017 1 oz Silver Swan graded First Strike PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
The Swan is an iconic species that is so synonymous with the Perth Mint itself that it even appears in the Mint’s logo. The Perth Mint’s operations are situated in the heart of Perth, the capital and largest city of Western Australia. Founded in 1829 on the shores of the Swan River, the original colony in the territory was in fact called Swan River Colony, the location of which is now Perth.
Perth grew rapidly in the late 19th century thanks to its rich deposits of natural resources such as oil, gas and perhaps most of all, Gold. From its origins the Perth Mint is in many ways personified by the Swan, a regal waterfowl that appears on the flag of Western Australia and symbolizes timelessness, elegance and beauty, much like the standard of coins produced by the Perth Mint itself.
The Perth Mint has a phenomenal reputation for producing high quality Silver bullion that also provides collectors the ability to collect an entire series that showcases different designs. Customers worldwide collect the Lunars, Kookaburras and Koalas due to their resell values and collectibility.
Swans are often a symbol of love and fidelity due to their long-lasting monogamous relationships. Swans are almost entirely herbivorous, though they will eat small amounts of aquatic animals. There are around seven different species of swan found around the world. Swans are classified as a threatened species mostly due to hunting and habitat loss. Pollution is also a contributing factor.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.