2017-P 5 oz Silver ATB Ellis Island SP-70 NGC (ER)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Ellis Island National Monument, New Jersey is the fourth release in 2017 of the U.S. Mint's popular 5 oz bullion America the Beautiful series. This 5 oz coin is the collector version with an uncirculated finish and is graded a perfect SP-70 by NGC.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Beautiful burnished finish.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the perfectly graded SP-70 by NGC.
- This collector version America The Beautiful coin features a beautiful Burnished Finish and the "P" mintmark.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: The design depicts an immigrant family approaching Ellis Island with a mixture of hope and uncertainty. The hospital building can be seen in the background.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Click here for Capsules, Mint Boxes, Mint Tubes and Wood Display Cases to fit every Silver America The Beautiful coin in your collection!
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your cart today!
Ellis Island National Monument
Ellis Island was the first stop in America for the 12 million immigrants processed through the island’s facility, and for most it was truly an “Island of Hope”. It was the busiest immigrant inspection site in America for over 60 years. So great was the wave of immigration during this time, 40% of Americans can trace their ancestry to Ellis Island today. The average inspection process took 3 to 7 hours, but sadly for some the island also became known as an “Island of Tears”. By the 1950s immigration laws began to evolve and it became easier for embassies overseas to handle outgoing residents and visas. In 1954, Ellis Island closed.
In the 1990s, thanks to the construction from the New York subway system, the park was able to expand from 3.3 to 27.5 acres and reopened with an Ellis Island museum. Long considered part of New York state, in 1998 a United States Supreme Court decision found that most of the island is in New Jersey. Today the park is part of New Jersey, and is situated adjacent to the Statue of Liberty National Monument on the New York side of the harbor.
Designed by Barbara Fox and engraved by Phebe Hemphill, the Ellis Island coin captures the hopes and aspirations of an immigrant family arriving in search of a new life and the American dream.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.