Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- This magnificent coin comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: Features a hen that is composed of elements from Guy Savoy's culinary universe: the neck takes the shape of a skate wing, the body is drawn with artichoke leaves, and the tail is made of a cabbage leaf.
- Reverse: The shape of the coin represents a an egg as a reference to the ingredient used in so many culinary creations. Surround the yolk, drawings of the four elements essential to the chef's alchemical work can be found. These include fire, earth, water and air. A quote "Cooking is the art of being able to instantly transform ingredients laden with history into joy" also surrounds the yolk and illustrates the passion of the cook.
- Minted by Monnaie de Paris.
Intricate designs add collectible appeal to the Excellence Series from Monnaie de Paris. Add this 2017 1 oz Proof Gold €200 Excellence Series Guy Savoy coin to your cart today!
Each year Monnaie de Paris joins forces with a French company to create an intricately designed series of coins. This year's featured company is Guy Savoy's restaurant, a chef marked by success and named "Best restaurant in the world". Together, Guy Savoy and Monnaie de Paris celebrate art and creative genius, all from within the same historical walls in downtown Paris!
The coins in this series reflect Guy Savoy's universe and use patterns inspired directly from his culinary range. The coins are a tribute paid to the expertise and tradition of French high gastronomy. For Guy Savoy, the egg is "the second salt of the earth". Essential to his cooking, this ingredient is central to the setting of the series. The coins also incorporate the four elements essential to the chef's alchemical work: fire for cooking, the nourishing earth, water and air.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.