2017 1 kilo Proof Gold €5000 Excellence Series (Guy Savoy)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
A luxurious coin and ultra-low mintage! Exquisitely designed, this 1 kilo coin features Rose Gold, White Gold and Yellow Gold in celebration of the craftsmanship of gastronomy and Guy Savoy.
Be one of the very few to own one of these prestigious coins.
- Contains 32.15 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Display Case: Inspired by Guy Savoy's table arts, particularly his knife handles, this case features carbon fiber accents. The top of the case is crafted to display the coin as if it was a delectable dish at Guy Savoy's restaurant while the body of the case allows for storage.
- Limited mintage of 11 coins.
- The first coin from Monnaie de Paris to feature all three hues of Gold: Rose, White and Yellow.
- Obverse: Curved as a fondue pot, the Rose Gold alludes to the copper of traditional kitchen utensils. The White Gold becomes the egg white and the hemispherical Yellow Gold represents the yolk of the fried egg. A Silver adornment with selective black marks becomes the truffle. The plate's rim evokes the four elements essential to the chef's alchemical work: fire, earth, water, and air.
- Reverse: Features Guy Savoy's right hand print, which reminds us that gastronomy is a handmade work above all else. Within this palm, in the style of a tattoo, key ingredients from the chef's menu can be found.
- Guaranteed by Monnaie de Paris.
- Denomination: 5000 euros.
A low mintage of just 11 coins adds tremendous collector appeal to this exquisite design. Add this stunning 2017 1 kilo Proof Gold €5000 Excellence Series Guy Savoy coin to your cart today!
Each year Monnaie de Paris joins forces with a French company to create an intricately designed series of coins. This year's featured company is Guy Savoy's restaurant, a chef marked by success and named "Best restaurant in the world". Together, Guy Savoy and Monnaie de Paris celebrate art and creative genius, all from within the same historical walls in downtown Paris!
The coins in this series reflect Guy Savoy's universe and use patterns inspired directly from his culinary range. The coins are a tribute paid to the expertise and tradition of French high gastronomy. For Guy Savoy, the egg is "the second salt of the earth". Essential to his cooking, this ingredient is central to the setting of the series. The coins also incorporate the four elements essential to the chef's alchemical work: fire for cooking, the nourishing earth, water and air.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.