5 oz Silver Proof Round Celtic Lore (Cernunnos)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
This is the fourth of a five-round Celtic Lore series. Celtic Lore features the original artwork of world-renowned artist and illustrator Howard David Johnson.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds will come in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Rounds are numbered and come with the matching certificate.
- Mintage of 500 rounds.
- Obverse: Features an image of the most mysterious of the Celtic gods, Cernunnos, Lord of the Wild Things. Sitting next to Cernunnos is a wolf and in the background a deer. The Cernunnos is holding a ram-horned serpent in one hand and in the other hand holding a torc. Torcs are large open front neck rings.
- Reverse: Depicts a Celtic knot work in the center. Celtic knot work is an interlace pattern of unbroken, endless knots. Intricate interwoven cords with the design element of wolf heads are shown on the outer rim.
- Edge-marked with a unique mint number.
Protect and display your Silver round in style by adding an attractive presentation box recommended for this round.
Add this classic 5 oz Silver Celtic Lore round to your cart today!
The most famous depiction of Cernunnos is on a Silver vessel, an artifact that dates between 200 BC and 300 AD, the Gundestrup Cauldron. On the Gundestrup Cauldron the stag-antlered man is seated cross legged holding and wearing a torc in one hand while holding a ram-horned serpent in the other hand surrounded by a stag, wolf and other creatures.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.