You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Perth Mint has issued a strict mintage cap of 50,000 coins, which limits the amount of these coins in circulation. As a comparison, the regular 1 oz Silver Kookaburra has a mintage of 500,000 coins and other bullion coins such as the Silver Maple and Silver Eagle have mintages in the tens of millions each year.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a plastic capsule. Quantities of 20 come in sealed rolls from the mint, with 100 coins (5 rolls) per cardboard box. Master cartons of 300 contain 3 boxes of 100 coins.
- Mintage cap of 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a kookaburra flying in the night sky. A small privy portrays Labrador Retriever to mark the Lunar Year of the Dog. The inscription "Australian Kookaburra", The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark and the 2018 year-date are also included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Add this privy marked 2018 Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
The Perth Mint began issuing Kookaburra coins with a Lunar Privy mark in 2012. The Silver Kookaburra series has been incredibly popular in its own right, establishing a wide base of collectors across the world. This ensures that these coins are easily traded no matter the year!
Privy marks are distinguishing marks, often small, applied to more widely traded bullion coins to make a unique coin that is often in high demand. This coin has a small dog privy mark (for the Lunar Year of the Dog) in the upper left table of the iconic Kookaburra coin. With a mintage of 50,000 coins, this makes the Kookaburra Privy extremely collectible as a Silver bullion coin. Prior year Privy Kookaburras, such as the Goat Privy, Horse Privy, Snake Privy and Dragon Privy, all have remained in high demand as supply dwindles over time and fewer are being offered for sale in the market place.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 26, 2018
I collect the lunar privy, the bird is real nice. I wish it had the moon on it even if they put the privy on part of the moon. Still I like it.I will get a regular kook.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.